Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Entertainer of the Decade and Panty Fashion Icon Extraordinaire

As a new year approaches and the decade draws to a conclusion, there will be much talk about who the top (fill in the blank with any subject) is. After viewing some snarky articles about Lady Gaga and some not so much, I felt I just had to get my two cents in. There is no question in my mind that Lady Gaga is the entertainer of the decade. That she is MTV News' Woman of the Year is great, but it doesn't go far enough. Her voice, her music, her outspoken advocacy for minority rights, her lyrics, her messages, her wild fashions, and yes, her panties, have all captivated me. In her latest music video alone, Bad RomanceLady Gaga appears in more lingerie fashions and different styles of panties than almost all other stars combined. She has helped bring wearing underwear as outerwear into vogue, which, combined with her talent, in my opinion, has helped make her the entertainer of the decade. Who else could have brought discussions of various panty styles so much to the fore? Who else was ready to step forward with such bold and provocative displays of wild fashion in their panties (and make them all look so good) and at the same time floor us with her music, lyrics and voice? Who else rises to the level of a being a phenomenon in entertainment? My blog was originally intended to review the styles, fabrics, fit, comfort, and feel of various styles of ladies full brief panties and help with photographs to illustrate how they look modeled, and I will hopefully continue to add more full brief panty reviews in the coming New Year, but for the moment have to continue to digress slightly. After reading some of the disparaging remarks about Lady Gaga in a major publication by a person whom I won't go so far as to dignify by mentioning their name, it seems more important to me to recognize Lady Gaga here and now before the decade ends. I feel grateful for her stands against gender bias and bigotry, for her having brought public panty wearing to the fore, and for her wonderful music and captivating music videos. Thank you Lady Gaga! Regardless of who does or doesn't disagree and who else does or doesn't say so, I declare that from my point of view LADY GAGA IS THE ENTERTAINER OF THE DECADE! 
     Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy 2010!

3 comments:

  1. I wish everybody a very Happy New Year and multitudes of things to go Gaga over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this new blog PB. Congrats! It's nice to read your thoughts. Now, about Lady Gaga....if there's an artist who's completely escaped my attention, this would be it. I saw the "Videophone" video with Beyonce and that was it. I'm not sure if it's her or just that things have been way too hectic for me. Anyway, based on this blog, I hereby pledge to pay a little more attention to her and see what you're all "Gaga" about :)

    Here's to a fabulous New Year and plenty to go "gaga" over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhahahahahah yes i love her fashion. i wish it was more appropriate to not wear pants, because she always has the best getups. if i had the legs, i would totally do a lady gaga-esque pantless look to go to some party hahahahahhahaah
    xxx

    ReplyDelete